[PySide] QLabel crops pixmap

Frank Rueter | OHUfx frank at ohufx.com
Mon Mar 14 03:36:54 CET 2016

Hi all,

so I have realised that its not the QLabel but the QPixmap in
combination to a vector graphic (svg).
Below is my test code which works fine on osx but crops the image on the
right hand side when run under windows.
The svg was saved with a 200 pixel output resolution in the header, and
when I check the QPixmap's width it does return 200, still it crops the
image.
Do I actually have to start using Qt.QSvgRender for something simple
like this?

Cheers,
frank

from PySide import QtGui
def pixmapTest(imgPath):
     l = QtGui.QLabel()
     l.setPixmap(QtGui.QPixmap(imgPath))
     return l

if __name__ == '__main__':
     import sys
     app = QtGui.QApplication([])
     if sys.platform == 'win32':
         imgPath = 'z:/path/to/svg/image.svg'
     else:
         imgPath = '/server/path/path/to/svg/image.svg'
     l = pixmapTest(imgPath)
     l.show()
     sys.exit(app.exec_())