[PySide] QSettings confusion - again

Frank Rueter | OHUfx frank at ohufx.com
Thu Aug 2 08:36:15 CEST 2018

Hi all,

I just wrote a little snippet to store a simple string in a settings file:

|from PySide2 import QtCore settings = QtCore.QSettings("TestName",
"TestApp") settings.setValue('groupName/attrName', 'testValue') |

Then I launch my application that reads the above like this:

|settings = QtCore.QSettings("TestName", "TestApp") my_value =
settings.value('groupName/attrName', 'testValue') |

The app retrieves the value “testValue” but now I want to kill the file
and start from scratch.
Problem is, the file does not exist where the docs say it should.
I’m on OSX and checked:
~/Library/Preferences
as well as:
/Library/Preferences

According to settings.fileName() the plist file should be in:

|~/Library/Preferences/com.testname.TestApp.plist |

but that file does not exist.

Weird thing is when I close and open my app again it still manages to
retrieve the value “testValue”, but I have no clue where it gets it from.

What am I missing?

Cheers,
frank

​
--

ohufxLogo 50x50 <http://www.ohufx.com>
	*vfx compositing <http://ohufx.com/compositing.html> | *workflow

Your gateway to over 1,000 free tools... right inside of Nuke
<http://www.nukepedia.com/nubridge>