[PySide] QSettings confusion - again

Frank Rueter | OHUfx frank at ohufx.com
Fri Aug 3 03:47:54 CEST 2018

Some more weirdness:
I just created a new settings instance with a new name and when I run
allKeys() on it, it lists a ton of lists from various plist files on my
system (see below)
Is this a bug of am I expecting the wrong thing? I guess I need to use
an explicit ini file location for now.

|settings = QtCore.QSettings("NewTest", "TestApp") settings.allKeys() [u'
USB DISK 3/0', u'AKDeviceUnlockState', u'AKLastCheckInAttemptDate',
u'AKLastCheckInSuccessDate', u'AKLastEmailListRequestDateKey',
u'AKLastIDMSEnvironment', u'Apple Inc/ FaceTime HD Camera (Built-in)',
u'AppleActionOnDoubleClick', u'AppleKeyboardUIMode', u'AppleLanguages',
u'AppleLanguagesDidMigrate', u'AppleLocale',
u'AppleMiniaturizeOnDoubleClick', u'AppleTextDirection',
u'CGPostScriptDisabled', u'Country', u'HGST TOURO S',
u'MultipleSessionEnabled', u'NSAllowsInputManagerPlugins',
u'NSFileViewer', u'NSLinguisticDataAssetsRequestTime',
u'NSLinguisticDataAssetsRequested',
u'NSNavPanelFileLastListModeForOpenModeKey',
u'NSNavPanelFileLastListModeForSaveModeKey',
u'NSNavPanelFileListModeForOpenMode2',
u'NSNavPanelFileListModeForSaveMode2', u'NSNavRecentPlaces',
u'NSPersonNameDefaultDisplayNameOrder',
u'NSPersonNameDefaultShortNameFormat',
u'NSPersonNameDefaultShouldPreferNicknamesPreference',
u'NSPreferredWebServices', u'NSUserDictionaryReplacementItems',
u'NavPanelFileListModeForOpenMode', u'NavPanelFileListModeForSaveMode',
u'PKSecureElementAvailableFlags', u'Wacom Co,/Ltd/ Wacom Intuos Pro M',
u'Western Digital Elements 25A2', u'_HIHideMenuBar',
u'com/apple/AppleModemSettingTool/LastCountryCode',
u'com/apple/ColorSync/Devices',
u'com/apple/CommonPanels/CalibrateDisplay/identifier-042BB5DC',
u'com/apple/CommonPanels/CalibrateDisplay/seed',
u'com/apple/TimeZonePref/Last_Selected_City',
u'com/apple/finder/SyncExtensions', u'com/apple/keyboard/fnState',
u'com/apple/preferences/timezone/selected_city',
u'com/apple/sound/beep/flash', u'com/apple/springing/delay',
u'com/apple/springing/enabled', u'com/apple/swipescrolldirection',
u'com/apple/trackpad/enableSecondaryClick',
u'com/apple/trackpad/fiveFingerPinchSwipeGesture',
u'com/apple/trackpad/forceClick',
u'com/apple/trackpad/fourFingerHorizSwipeGesture',
u'com/apple/trackpad/fourFingerPinchSwipeGesture',
u'com/apple/trackpad/fourFingerVertSwipeGesture',
u'com/apple/trackpad/momentumScroll',
u'com/apple/trackpad/pinchGesture', u'com/apple/trackpad/rotateGesture',
u'com/apple/trackpad/scrollBehavior',
u'com/apple/trackpad/threeFingerDragGesture',
u'com/apple/trackpad/threeFingerHorizSwipeGesture',
u'com/apple/trackpad/threeFingerTapGesture',
u'com/apple/trackpad/threeFingerVertSwipeGesture',
u'com/apple/trackpad/twoFingerDoubleTapGesture',
u'com/apple/trackpad/twoFingerFromRightEdgeSwipeGesture',
u'com/apple/trackpad/version', u'java/lang/disabled'] |

​