[PySide] Creating deployable GUI app

Cristián Maureira-Fredes Cristian.Maureira-Fredes at qt.io
Wed Feb 27 10:19:40 CET 2019

Hello Mark,

I personally recommend PyInstaller over cx_Freeze,
so I'm glad things worked out.
Regarding your issue there is a similar case here:

https://github.com/pyinstaller/pyinstaller/issues/2137

Are you using the latest PyInstaller and PySide2 versions?
There has been a couple of issues recently, like: https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/PYSIDE-942
but at the moment your error seems to be related to PyInstaller.

Maybe you can drop by our IRC channel on freenode #qt-pyside
and ask around when facing a new problem, since there are
many people currently using PyInstaller.

Cheers