[PySide] 5.13.0 is out!

Cristián Maureira-Fredes Cristian.Maureira-Fredes at qt.io
Thu Jun 27 10:19:44 CEST 2019

Hello everyone,

I'm very excited to tell you that you can now get the 5.13.0 version
of the PySide2 module from PyPi!

$ pip install pyside2

Remember that you can still install older versions specifying it on your
pip command:

$ pip install pyside2==5.12.4

You can find the changelog of this release here:
https://code.qt.io/cgit/pyside/pyside-setup.git/commit/?h=5.13.0&id=208d0c8bc8595aebc2191dafd9d0e3ec719e2550

but also remember that the latest changes we submitted for 5.12.4
are integrated in this new version:
https://code.qt.io/cgit/pyside/pyside-setup.git/commit/?id=28f03180efab8d2358f1144be83fc48563b3475b

This minor release is focused mainly in giving our documentation more
love, and try to cover more frequent questions in our tutorials and
examples.
You can look at this snapshot that soon will be the official content of
our documentation:
https://doc-snapshots.qt.io/qtforpython/

Our community is growing every day, and we have a lot of interaction
through all our channels:
https://wiki.qt.io/Qt_for_Python#Community
If you haven't join any of them, try them out!

Also remember that many users are posting their question on
Stack Overflow, so we are confident that with your experience you can
help others to solve their problems:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/pyside2

Thanks to all the collaborators we had for this release, we would love
to see more contributions from everyone regarding, examples,
documentation, bug fixing, and more!
You can find here the guide to start contributing:
https://wiki.qt.io/Qt_for_Python/Development_Getting_Started
but if you have any question, let us know!

We are looking forward to the next minor releases,
since we are working on a lot of cool stuff, but more
importantly we are already planning the improvement
for the next major Qt release: 6.0.0 :D

Stay tuned!

--
Dr. Cristian Maureira-Fredes