[PySide] Fedora 5.12.4 build error

Cristián Maureira-Fredes Cristian.Maureira-Fredes at qt.io
Sat Jun 29 16:02:50 CEST 2019

On 6/29/19 3:43 PM, Richard Shaw wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 29, 2019 at 8:42 AM Cristián Maureira-Fredes
> <Cristian.Maureira-Fredes at qt.io <mailto:Cristian.Maureira-Fredes at qt.io>>
> wrote:
>

>     On 6/29/19 3:08 PM, Richard Shaw wrote:
>      > On Sat, Jun 29, 2019 at 7:30 AM Cristián Maureira-Fredes
>      > <Cristian.Maureira-Fredes at qt.io
>     <mailto:Cristian.Maureira-Fredes at qt.io>
>     <mailto:Cristian.Maureira-Fredes at qt.io
>     <mailto:Cristian.Maureira-Fredes at qt.io>>>
>      > wrote:
>      >
>      >     Hello,
>      >     please share the full log,
>      >     including the build command line.
>      >
>      >
>      > Here's the full log, I was hoping it was something simple...
>      >
>      > https://hobbes1069.fedorapeople.org/build.log
>
>     Hello Richard,
>
>     I was looking for the system's Qt version,
>     and I couldn't find it.
>
>     Can you confirm it's 5.12.4 too?
>

> Yes, it's in root.log but I did check and it is 5.12.4. But that raises
> a good point, must the version match exactly? Or just <major>.<minor>?
>
> Thanks,
> Richard

Hello,

thanks for your answer.
Yes, it's recommendable because we always build and generate the wheels
with the same numbers.

For bug releases it usually doesn't matter,
but maybe there was a fixed bug that somehow changes the behaviour,
in that case I prefer to always use it.

 From the error message I can see it's related to the PYI generation,
so it would be better for you to file a bug report.

The error

BUILDSTDERR: ImportError: /lib64/libQt5MultimediaWidgets.so.5: symbol
_ZN15QHighDpiScaling6factorEPK7QWindow version Qt_5.12.4_PRIVATE_API not
defined in file libQt5Gui.so.5 with link time reference

is the most important bit,
I wonder if somehow that symbol could be related
to a flag that enables High DPI,
or if we could just bypass that warning.
Maybe we could somehow set Qt::AA_EnableHighDpiScaling before that
module gets imported.

Cheers

--
Dr. Cristián Maureira-Fredes