[PySide] Updates from the Qt Contributors Summit 2019

Cristián Maureira-Fredes Cristian.Maureira-Fredes at qt.io
Fri Nov 22 15:16:03 CET 2019

Dear Community,

during this week the 2019 version of the Qt Contributors Summit
was held in Berlin, and luckily the whole Qt for Python team was
able to join.

You can find all the discussions in [1], but particularly I wanted
to point out the discussions around Qt for Python:

- Qt for Python and beyond [2],
- Qt for Python documentation [3],

Also there were two sessions where we discussed some aspects of
the project:

- Qt Machine Learning and Math [4],
- Improve the contributor experience of the Qt project [5]

Overall,
the Qt for Python has moved forward and it's been more and more
accepted into the whole Qt community, and there are many people
interested into participate on it.

We are aware of our current issues regarding the docs,
and it's one of our priorities to solve in the near future,
the same with the Shiboken story, since at the moment it's a bit
difficult to use it.

Many people on the mailing list was not able to attend,
so I would really appreciate if you want to share with me
or with the mailing list your thoughts about: How we can improve the Qt
for Python project, both technically, and as a community.

Have a nice weekend,
Cheers

[1] https://wiki.qt.io/Qt_Contributors_Summit_2019_Program
[2]