[PySide] Python 3.8 and 3.5

Stephen Morris stephen.morris at silvaco.com
Fri Oct 25 11:39:51 CEST 2019

Hello Cristián,

On Fri, Oct 25, 2019 at 09:58:00AM +0000, Cristián Maureira-Fredes wrote:
> Python 2.7 is another story,
> but as mention in previous blog post
> we are planning to deprecate it as soon as Qt6 is released in favor of
> people still being unable to move forward.

Please do not remove support for Python 2.7. In our industry (EDA - Electronic Design Automation) there is a huge legacy codebase of custom scripts in Python 2, and close-to-zero adoption of Python 3. Our customers expect to be able to write scripts in Python 2, and we expect to have to support it for years to come.

If Qt6 withdraws support for Python 2 then we'll be unable to adopt Qt6 - simple as that.

Stephen.