[PySide] Shiboken command line issues

Stephen Morris s-morris at n-eos.com
Fri Sep 6 15:24:55 CEST 2019

My attempt to wrap a Qt class using Shiboken is failing at the shiboken2 command line:

> shiboken2.exe --generator-set=shiboken;--enable-parent-ctor-heuristic;--enable-return-value-heuristic;--use-isnull-as-nb_nonzero;--avoid-protected-hack;-I<my main project library>;-T<my main project library>;--output-directory=<destination for generated files> bindings.h typesystem.xml

shiboken: Unknown generator set, try "shiboken" or "qtdoc"
Command line: --generator-set=shiboken;--enable-parent-ctor-heuristic;--enable-return-value-heuristic;--use-isnull-as-nb_nonzero;--avoid-protected-hack;-I<my main project directory>;-T<my main project directory>;--output-directory=<destination for generated files> bindings.h typesystem.xml

With the best will in the world, that's not a very helpful error message. I've been trying to see if there's a way that I can rebuild shiboken2.exe with debug information, so I can put a breakpoint in and see how it perceives the command line internally, but I haven't found an obvious way to do that either.

As my project is cross-platform, I tried doing exactly the same thing in Linux. Here, the error was "Required argument header-file is missing", which is the same as I get if I invoke shiboken2 with no command line options at all.

At this point I'm running out of ideas, and any guidance would be gratefully received.