[PySide] Qt for Python 5.14.2.1 is out!

Cristián Maureira-Fredes Cristian.Maureira-Fredes at qt.io
Fri Apr 24 14:30:24 CEST 2020

Hello everyone,

no, it's not a typo what you saw on the subject :O

Since it's highly probable that Qt 5.14 will not receive
more bug-fix releases (5.14.2 being the last so far),
and due to all the changes that we have
done to critical building blocks of the project,
we have decided to keep releasing bug-fix versions on the latest
state of the 5.14 branch.

This means that you can expect at least 5.14.2.2 to be release
in a few weeks, depending on the issues we manage to solve,
and the bugs that are reported.

You can check the couple of changes we included in this release
(5.14.2.1) here:
https://code.qt.io/cgit/pyside/pyside-setup.git/commit/?h=5.14.2&id=6341c063dea6022c1e40cca28d3bbf0f52350dcb

PyPi supports this versioning, but people on 5.14.2
will require a manual update to get 5.14.2.1:

pip install -U pyside2

People installing pyside2 on new environments
just need to continue doing a :

pip install pyside2

and that will get 5.14.2.1 installed.

Hopefully you can give us a hand
with this new release, by reporting bugs, or any
other strange behavior.

If you are interested to read about the changes on the GIL
interaction we made, please follow the comments on
https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/PYSIDE-803 to understand the story
and motivation behind the changes.

Have a nice weekend!
Cheers