[PySide] PySide failed to build from source with custom Qt build

notgonnahappen at firemail.cc notgonnahappen at firemail.cc
Thu Jul 16 22:32:37 CEST 2020

I'd like to deploy my app with all the necessary dependencies so I'd
like to make the size of the app as small as possible. To do that, I
built Qt from source with the features that I do not need disabled,
e.g.:

      configure --no-feature-network ...

After that I try to build PySide2 from source using this custom Qt build
and I get this error:

     make[2]: *** No rule to make target
«PySide2/QtCore/PySide2/QtCore/qabstractanimation_wrapper.cpp», for
«PySide2/QtCore/CMakeFiles/QtCore.dir/PySide2/QtCore/qabstractanimation_wrapper.cpp.o».
Stop.
      CMakeFiles/Makefile2:200: recipe for target
'PySide2/QtCore/CMakeFiles/QtCore.dir/all' failed
     make[1]: *** [PySide2/QtCore/CMakeFiles/QtCore.dir/all] Error 2
     make: *** [all] Error 2
     error: Error compiling pyside2

I did disable the 'animation' feature (--no-feature-animation). If I
turn it back on, I do not get this error but get another similar errors
for the other disabled features. So the question is whether the PySide
build tools can automatically find out what features have been disabled
or not? If not, can I do it manually? I can't find any options or
arguments that I can use to disable features in PySide explicitly.