[PySide] Disabling OpenGL support in PySIde 5.13.2 when Qt 5.13.2 is built with -no-opengl

Cristián Maureira-Fredes Cristian.Maureira-Fredes at qt.io
Fri Jul 24 21:27:31 CEST 2020

Hey Tom,

I already replied to your question on the other thread you asked
the same.

Let me copy paste here in case you didn't get it:

---
Hello Tom,

Sadly I don't have a solution for you
besides a manual intervention
of the CMakeLists.txt file on the QtGui module:
pyside-setup/sources/pyside2/PySide2/QtGui

If you comment the lines with OpenGL references
you should get many warning from the typesystem
of classes defined but not generated, for example
the line:

<object-type name="QAbstractOpenGLFunctions" since="5.1"/>

on the 'typesystem_gui_common.xml' file (on the same directory).

I believe it should build, but in case of other weird typesystem
errors, you will need to comment from the XML file
all the entries related to the classes you commented on the CMakeLists.txt.

The only options we have built-in are to skip certain modules:
     --skip-modules=Widgets,WebEngine,...

and to build just some modules:
     --module-subset=Core,Gui, ...

Sorry for the inconvenience,
but good luck with your effort!

Cheers
---

On 7/24/20 6:58 PM, Kacvinsky, Tom wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am in a situation where I do not want OpenGL support in Qt5 5.13.2 (we don't use it, we
> do not make a product that requires OpenGL support), so I configured Qt5 with -no-opengl.
> However, PySide 5.13.2 seems to require OpenGL support for building the QtGui Python
> module.  How can I disable that support considering Qt5 was built without OpenGL support?
> The same goes for OpenSSL (though we are using that, so it was me muffing the build of Qt5
> without OpenSSL support).
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tom

Dr. Cristian Maureira-Fredes