[PySide] Egg-info build problem on Fedora Linux

Cristián Maureira-Fredes Cristian.Maureira-Fredes at qt.io
Fri Nov 27 09:17:07 CET 2020

Hey Richard,

On 11/26/20 4:41 PM, Richard Shaw wrote:
> I am working on updating the Fedora package, however, I've run into an
> issue.
>
> I do a direct CMake build in order to properly enforce packaging
> requirements and build flags. I have been building the egginfo manually
> after the CMake build completes, however, several of the files are now
> CMake configuration files and are written to the BINARY dir instead of
> the SOURCE dir, and setuptools is unaware of this causing the
> egginfo build to fail.

I'm not sure "what changed" from previous versions,
IIRC nothing change regarding the build process,
and most of the things we are trying to do is a WIP
at the moment.

What's the last version you built using this approach?
and which one is the one giving you troubles?

> Any hints on how to work around this?

I guess that your problem
is that you are mixing two approaches,
you either use CMake, or use the setuptools that we provide,
because in the second approach we take care of all the details
related caveats to do a proper Python build process.

So, I'd say you either use a:

cmake -B build path/to/pyside2 -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/some/path
cmake --build build
# Then an install to where you want to package it
# cmake --install build

or use the setuptools via

python setup.py install .....

--