[PySide] Failing build with newly-compiled PySide2 5.15.1

Cristián Maureira-Fredes Cristian.Maureira-Fredes at qt.io
Wed Oct 14 13:44:40 CEST 2020

On 10/14/20 1:35 PM, Stephen Morris wrote:

> On 10/14/20 12:05 PM, Cristián Maureira-Fredes wrote:
>
>> On 10/12/20 1:14 PM, Stephen Morris wrote:
>>> Following an apparently successful build of Qt 5.15.1 and PySide2
>>> 5.15.1 from source, I'm now attempting to compile the application
>>> which I was previously compiling using version 5.12.5.
>>>
>>> I get a slew of error messages involving PySide Properties:
>>> [snip]
>>> Thank you,
>>> Stephen Morris.
>
>> Hello Stephen,
>>
>> Can you please share which clang version, python version (including bug fix version), gcc version, and so on?
>> It really sounds there is a miss math issue, something seems to be off in your specific configuration.
>
> Thank you Cristián.
>
> I have:
> 	libclang.so.8
>                python 2.7.18 (newly built from source)
>                gcc 8.3.1
> 	... on a CentOS 7.8.2003 Linux system
>
> My PySide and Shiboken libraries are newly-built from source (5.15.1) using Python 2.7.18 and Qt 5.15.1 (which was also built from source). In case it's at all relevant, Python was built using the -fno-semantic-interposition compiler flag and --default-symver linker flag.
>
> Stephen.

Hello,

Can you try to use a newer libclang?
There are some pre-built packages on
http://download.qt.io/development_releases/prebuilt/libclang/
that you can unzip, then point the LLVM_INSTALL_DIR
variable to the directory.

Some people reported issues with 5.15 and libclang<=8
in other communication platforms, so it might be that.

On a side note, I really recommend you to try to move
away from Python 2, since as you might know,
it was deprecated [1], and we are completing removing
Python 2 support for Qt 6.

Cheers

[1] https://www.python.org/doc/sunset-python-2/

--