[PySide] Failing build with newly-compiled PySide2 5.15.1

Stephen Morris stephen.morris at silvaco.com
Wed Oct 14 13:35:37 CEST 2020

On 10/14/20 12:05 PM, Cristián Maureira-Fredes wrote:

>On 10/12/20 1:14 PM, Stephen Morris wrote:
>> Following an apparently successful build of Qt 5.15.1 and PySide2
>> 5.15.1 from source, I'm now attempting to compile the application
>> which I was previously compiling using version 5.12.5.
>>
>> I get a slew of error messages involving PySide Properties:
>>[snip]
>> Thank you,
>> Stephen Morris.

>Hello Stephen,
>
>Can you please share which clang version, python version (including bug fix version), gcc version, and so on?
>It really sounds there is a miss math issue, something seems to be off in your specific configuration.

Thank you Cristián.

I have:
	libclang.so.8
              python 2.7.18 (newly built from source)
              gcc 8.3.1
	... on a CentOS 7.8.2003 Linux system

My PySide and Shiboken libraries are newly-built from source (5.15.1) using Python 2.7.18 and Qt 5.15.1 (which was also built from source). In case it's at all relevant, Python was built using the -fno-semantic-interposition compiler flag and --default-symver linker flag.

Stephen.