[PySide] Qt for Python 6.0.1 released

Cristián Maureira-Fredes Cristian.Maureira-Fredes at qt.io
Fri Feb 5 09:57:16 CET 2021

Dear Community,

Qt for Python 6.0.1 is out!
As always you can get it through: pip install pyside6
or update it with a: pip install -U pyside6

You can read the changelog here:
https://code.qt.io/cgit/pyside/pyside-setup.git/tree/dist/changes-6.0.1?h=6.0

It took us a day longer, since we had some issues
in our CI, but at least they are solved now :)

Even though this is a bug-fix release, we wanted
to address something that we were missing in 6.0.0,
the lack of Qt3D support and some plugins,
particularly imageformats, so now they are included
in the latest release.

We need your opinion!

We are trying to gather feedback from the '__feature__'
option we included from 5.15 and kept for 6.0
https://www.qt.io/blog/qt-for-python-6-released

If you have an idea to improve or complement the current
'snake_case' and 'true_property' options, let us know!
We would really like to keep adding more features on top
of PySide and Shiboken, to be much more than just
'Python bindings for Qt'.

Have a nice weekend!

Cheers

--