[PySide] PySide2 and PySide6 co-existing in same virtual environment

Nicholas Yue yue.nicholas at gmail.com
Wed May 18 18:49:37 CEST 2022

Hi,

  I have a need to construct a Python virtual environment to install both
PySide2 and PySide6 for migration purposes.

  Are the two modules PySide2 and PySide6 designed to be
installed/co-exists and used in the same virtual environment.

  I did try it out on Windows10 Python 3.9.12 and installed both and was
able to run
* pyside2-designer
* pyside6-designer

  Their about-box indicates they are pulling in their respective Qt 5.15.2
and Qt 6.3.0

  Should I take the above as indicating all is well or are there other
concerns I need to take into consideration?

Cheers
--
Nicholas Yue
https://www.linkedin.com/in/nicholasyue/