[PySide] New Qt for Python release: 6.4.0 is out!

Christian Tismer-Sperling tismer at stackless.com
Sat Oct 15 12:34:27 CEST 2022

On 14.10.22 22:52, icfwm at gmx.net wrote:
> All this code was working with 6.x versions before. This enum change
> really does make me swet like an overheated pumpkin spice latte and it
> is rather unexpected to see all these incompatible changes so late in
> the PySide6... The blog post is very brief in explaining how to properly
> port existing code to 6.4.x, is there a more detailed porting guide
> about how to move from <6.4.x to >= 6.4.x? What code needs to be changed
> in what way?
Hi Christoph,

there is rather complete information about the new Python enums in
https://doc.qt.io/qtforpython/considerations.html#the-new-python-enums

This information is there since version 6.3, where the new enums
were introduced as a documented option to try out.
This should avoid surprizes and help the developers to fix
problems early.

On your concrete enum problems:
In order to address your issues, please give us minimalistic
but complete code examples. We will try to help, quickly.

With kind regards -- Chris

Christian Tismer-Sperling    :^)   tismer at stackless.com
Software Consulting          :     http://www.stackless.com/
Strandstraße 37              :     https://github.com/PySide
24217 Schönberg              :     GPG key -> 0xFB7BEE0E
phone +49 173 24 18 776  fax +49 (30) 700143-0023