[PySide] New Qt for Python release: 6.5.0 is out!

Cristián Maureira-Fredes Cristian.Maureira-Fredes at qt.io
Tue Apr 4 17:51:58 CEST 2023

Dear community,

we are happy to announce that 6.5.0 is available.

There are many cool things that we wrote in more detail
on the blog post, check it out!

https://www.qt.io/blog/qt-for-python-6.5

The full changelog can be found in:

https://code.qt.io/cgit/pyside/pyside-setup.git/tree/doc/changelogs/changes-6.5.0

If you want a summary:
- QtTextToSpeech, QtSerialBus, and QtLocation are now available
   (+ some extra API from other modules)
- Lots of issues related to the __feature__ option and
   multiple-inheritance are now fixed.
- Shiboken has support for std::array and std::span (experimental),
   plus a some options like to generate forward declarations instead
   of includes in the headers of each module.
- There is a really cool Qt Quick example now! the Filesystem Explorer.
- We are finishing up a tool to install commercial wheels easily
- Out asynchronous examples were polished, and more work is coming
   in the next releases.
- We have now initial support for Android deployment
- We looked into the NoGIL branch and pre-releases of Python 3.12
   to catch up with the future of Python

As always, give us a hand by reporting bugs, asking for new examples,
tutorials, videos, etc on JIRA https://bugreports.qt.io/projects/PYSIDE

and drop by our community platforms in
https://wiki.qt.io/Qt_for_Python#Community

We hope you enjoy 6.5!