[PySide] Confusion about QGraphicsView mouse events

henry.wede at yahoo.com henry.wede at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 4 18:26:59 CEST 2023

 Hello,
My graphics scene has enough objects now so I need to implement pan and zoom functionality.  The examples I have found all subclass the QGraphicsView and layout things manually - but my workflow uses QtDesigner and I don't think that I should need to recreate a graphics view object just to catch mouse events.  However... I haven't been able to do this.
Assuming the attachments make it through, the two files show a simple case.Can somebody please tell me the correct way to catch these mouse events?  I am missing some piece of knowledge.
Thank you for your help,
Henry