[QBS] Platform probe procedure

Joerg Bornemann joerg.bornemann at nokia.com
Wed Jun 27 15:23:11 CEST 2012

Hi Bogdan,

> Sorry to bother you again with this request, we discuss about at QtCS and
> I wonder if we can get it a push ... :), I'd like to help you with QtCreator
> integration, I have some experience from Android plugin !

Sorry, I still fail to see why a "platform config where you can generate
a user interface from" is crucial. The use case "install Necessitas,
then install newer NDK" can be solved by having a special setup page in
the Qt Creator Android plugin.

Yes, that generic aproach would be nice to have. It could be done by
using PropertyOptions that can assign "properties to properties", like a
description or the UI element type for my sake.

What tool is going to "render" the UI elements? Qt Creator? A special
qbs tool? A web browser? :)

Cheers,

Jörg