[QBS] Quick reference for porting pro files?

Joerg Bornemann joerg.bornemann at nokia.com
Mon Mar 5 12:47:20 CET 2012

On 05/03/2012 12:30, ext Tom Sutcliffe wrote:

> True those two are defined but there are still a bunch missing - for eg in my release build (msvc2010, compared to qmake on 4.7.4):
>
> -DQT_LARGEFILE_SUPPORT -DQT_DLL -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_HAVE_MMX -DQT_HAVE_3DNOW -DQT_HAVE_SSE -DQT_HAVE_MMXEXT -DQT_HAVE_SSE2
>
> are all missing from qbs's output (as of latest git). Admittedly nothing in my project relies on any of those, except for QT_NO_DEBUG which changes the meaning of some custom assert macros.

Those are specific to the Qt build and seriously, its completely idiotic
that we (resp. Qt's configure) don't put them into qconfig.h. Same for
QT_NAMESPACE.
Then no build tool needs to know about them.

But with the current situation we could extract this information from
qconfig.pri. Either on the fly with every invocation of qbs or with a
special Qt setup tool.

BR,

Jörg