[QBS] How to set the Qt version from the command line?

Joerg Bornemann joerg.bornemann at nokia.com
Thu Mar 22 16:40:13 CET 2012

On 22/03/2012 11:15, ext devtomsci at me.com wrote:

> Thanks! Although I'm tempted to ask is there any chance we could change
> that to use a dot instead of the slash, for consistancy? I always
> thought one of the few really messy bits of java was the way classnames
> were referred to using dots except for internally and in reflection when
> they were slashes instead...

Yes that should be done.

> Thinking about it, it would be nice if you could use the dot syntax when
> referring to a submodule property - so instead of:

I totally agree though this is not that easy to implement.

Do you mind creating feature requests for both? :)

> There are a few other places where the docs are already out of date with
> the 0.1version - is there a docs cleanup/review planned or should I
> raise bugs when I see issues?

Please raise bugs. I've at least updated the Qt version handling part
now in the docs.

> I guess the Qt version would have to choose the platform and arch, since
> as you say multiple Qt builds could be compatible with a given platform
> but there is exactly one combination used for a given Qt version. Plus
> if you specify Qt name you get 2 settings for free (arch & platform) as
> opposed for choosing 2 and only getting one inferred. Maybe it's not
> worth worrying about, especially if aliases are an option.

The direction "Qt version chooses platform" seems sensible. Choosing an
Qt version would override the platform. Don't know if that would be too
much magic.

BR,

Jörg