[QBS] How to set the Qt version from the command line?

devtomsci at me.com devtomsci at me.com
Thu Mar 22 17:36:46 CET 2012

> > Thanks! Although I'm tempted to ask is there any chance we could change
> > that to use a dot instead of the slash, for consistancy?
>
> Yes that should be done.
>
> > Thinking about it, it would be nice if you could use the dot syntax when
> > referring to a submodule property - so instead of:
>
> I totally agree though this is not that easy to implement.

Well, QBS-87 turned out to be real easy so you can get stuck into this instead :-P
> Do you mind creating feature requests for both? :)

Done:
https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QBS-96
https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QBS-97

> Please raise bugs. I've at least updated the Qt version handling part
> now in the docs.

OK.
> The direction "Qt version chooses platform" seems sensible. Choosing an
> Qt version would override the platform. Don't know if that would be too
> much magic.

I could live without it if we had something like the profiles I proposed in my previous mail (sent that before reading your last mail so there's some overlap). Although I noticed that qt.core.version is hardcoded to "4.7.0" unless you set it explicitly in the config - I can see that tripping me up in the future once I've forgotten all about how this stuff works, so maybe a bit of magic is justified to protect the user from themselves.

Cheers,

Tom