[QBS] Wildcard in Groups

marius.storm-olsen at nokia.com marius.storm-olsen at nokia.com
Tue Sep 4 17:59:52 CEST 2012

It gets even more complex than that. What happens to files which are generated as part of the process, either as a direct effect or a side effect?
As a direct effect we know and can add it to the DAG and process it. An as side effect we don't know, unless we "introspect" the tools we run (which is my end dream goal with QBS, as you know ;).

--
Sent from my Nokia N9

On 9/3/12 7:18 Bornemann Joerg (Nokia-MP/Berlin) wrote:
On 29/08/2012 15:15, ext Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:

>>> this was discussed before on this list.
>>>
>> And the outcome of that discussion was...?
>>
> http://lmgtfy.com/?q=qbs+project+wildcards
> oh, it wasn't the list, but jira. big difference.

For your convenience, here's the link:
https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QBS-65

To sum up the discussion outcome: We want to have this feature but its
implementation isn't a no-brainer. On every qbs run the wild cards must
be evaluated and compared with the result of the last evaluation, if
there is one.

BR,

Jörg