[QBS] qbs for commercial applications

Oswald Buddenhagen oswald.buddenhagen at digia.com
Tue Aug 6 11:24:33 CEST 2013

On Mon, Aug 05, 2013 at 10:55:21PM -0700, achartier at fastmail.fm wrote:
> I'm wondering what the general opinion is on the qbs mailinglist as to
> its suitability for commercial applications.

it really depends on how business-critical your application is, and how
much time you are willing to invest when things go awry.

you should definitely expect breakages and backwards-incompatible
changes more or less all of the time, so you'd really need to roll out
upgrades in a very controlled manner.

many features are missing - my personal benchmark for declaring it ready
is when we are able to build qt itself with it, without resorting to any
external scripting. we are quite a bit away from that still. this is
where your own investment comes into play ...

or more succinctly, if i was a typical manager, i'd say "no way!"