[QBS] state and future of qbs

Joerg Bornemann joerg.bornemann at digia.com
Fri Jan 4 09:08:49 CET 2013

Good news, everyone!
We got clearance to put some more work into qbs!

In the last weeks we cleaned up a lot, stabilized crucial parts, removed
experimental code and enhanced the overall usability. The most visible
changes are:

- There's only the file extension "qbs" now. The toplevel project
doesn't have to be put in a "qbp" file anymore.
- The config command behaves sane.
- Wildcard support, thanks to Ruslan.
- Incremental builds are now as fast as promised.

We now switched our focus to milestone 0.3. The complete list of issues
that have been resolved for 0.2 can be seen here:
https://bugreports.qt-project.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&jqlQuery=project+%3D+QBS+AND+fixVersion+%3D+%220.2%22+AND+status+%3D+Resolved+ORDER+BY+priority+DESC

The most mentionable issues for 0.3 are:
- Qt Creator plugin.
- Proper deployment support.
- Fix ridiculously huge memory usage / performance penalty of loader.

The full list for 0.3 is here:
https://bugreports.qt-project.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&jqlQuery=project+%3D+QBS+AND+fixVersion+%3D+%220.3%22+AND+resolution+%3D+Unresolved+ORDER+BY+priority+DESC%2C+key+DESC

Cheers,

Jörg