[QBS] List of auxiliary source files in Qt Creator project tree

Christian Kandeler christian.kandeler at digia.com
Mon Jul 1 10:09:49 CEST 2013

On 06/28/2013 10:06 PM, Jake Thomas Petroules wrote:
> I was thinking a bit about Qt Creator's presentation of the project tree.
>
> Currently (as far as I am aware), this depends only on files listed in a
> project's `files` property.

Plus the project files themselves.

> However there is at least one other property that would be worth listing
> in the project's source
> tree

AFAIK, there is currently work being done on also showing files included
by project files (something like "functions.js" that you will probably
have in non-trivial projects).

> (cpp.infoPlistFile) and it's certainly possible we may have other
> properties like this in the future.
> I feel that it's rather unintuitive to have to list this file in the
> sources as well in order to get it to show up.

Well... I'm not sure. The property is called "files", not "sourceFiles".
So having e.g. a group called "packaging stuff" or whatever it is does
not seem wrong or weird to me.