[QBS] Qbs Roadmap

Joerg Bornemann joerg.bornemann at digia.com
Mon Jun 3 10:51:55 CEST 2013

On 01/06/2013 11:46, Jochen Becher wrote:

>> Just out of curiosity, could you tell us what these conceptional
>> problems are in detail?
>
> 1. qmake / jom is much slower than Visual Studio build

Because it doesn't distribute over the net, I suppose.
In the jom package is a batch file ibjom.cmd that uses IncrediBuild's
xgConsole tool to distribute the compiler calls over the net.
Note that you need an XGE package license for that.

Qbs has a similar batch file, ibqbs.bat, BTW.

> 3. jom (and nmake) do not reload the make files after it has been
> changed by an embedded qmake run. One has to start qmake manually after
> each change in any .pro file.

Yes that's an annoying restriction of jom/nmake. :(

BR,

Joerg