[QBS] New item ProductFolder

Joerg Bornemann joerg.bornemann at digia.com
Wed Jun 5 15:27:21 CEST 2013

On 05/06/2013 14:16, Jake Thomas Petroules wrote:

>> Suppose i have root project (called Project) and 2 sub projects
>> (called SubProject1 and SubProject2), which are both apps. Let's say,
>> that both app depends on a lib (called Lib).
>> We can build all 3 binaries to same folder with no problems.
>> However, during installation, we get some problems in MacOs and
>> Windows. Lib should be installed to TWO different locations -
>> SubProject1.app/Contents/MacOs and SubProject2.app/Contents/MacOs (on
>> Mac). Same is for Windows.
>>
>> Can this problem be solved without duplicating installation code in
>> SubProject1/SubProject2?

> Thanks for bringing this up, I've been meaning to ask about this as well.
>
> There's also the concern of installing files which come from outside the
> project tree entirely. (QtCore.framework, ...)

Isn't this question independent from the subproject problem and doesn't
it already arise for simple one-level projects with two products that
depend on that same library?
I don't think that the lib should have the knowledge where it's going to
be installed dependent on where it is used. IMO the install rules must
belong to the product that's going to be installed.

BR,

Joerg