[QBS] Inconsistency in treatment of qbsSearchPath

Christian Kandeler christian.kandeler at digia.com
Mon Aug 18 11:11:33 CEST 2014

On 08/18/2014 10:40 AM, Thomas Epting wrote:
> I think there is some inconsistency regarding the treatment of
> qbsSearchPath.
 > [ ... ]

It's very hard, if not impossible, to make this work in the general
case. Imagine your custom type to be the top-level item. Obviously, the
item itself must be handled before its properties, but how to find its
definition if we don't know the search path yet? Imports pose a similar
problem.
However, your concrete example is not so malicious, and I can't tell
right away why it does not work. AFAICS, the qbsSearchPaths property is
evaluated before we look at sub-items, so I'd expect this construct to
be possible. Please file a bug report, preferably with a self-contained
example project.