[QBS] Inconsistency in treatment of qbsSearchPath

Thomas Epting thomas.epting.stryker at gmail.com
Mon Aug 18 11:43:28 CEST 2014

> It's very hard, if not impossible, to make this work in the general
> case. Imagine your custom type to be the top-level item. Obviously,
> the item itself must be handled before its properties, but how to find
> its definition if we don't know the search path yet? Imports pose a
> similar problem.

I would not expect qbsSearchPath to have any effect "outside" of the item
where it's defined, so for my it seems to be totally clear that the item
itself ("Project" in my case) cannot be influenced by the search path.
However, all items within the scope of the item should be.

> However, your concrete example is not so malicious, and I can't tell
> right away why it does not work. AFAICS, the qbsSearchPaths property
> is evaluated before we look at sub-items, so I'd expect this construct to
> be possible. Please file a bug report, preferably with a self-contained
> example project.

OK, I've created https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QBS-667 for this

Thanks!
Thomas