[QBS] QBS not compiling with our compiled Qt version

olivier musse olivier.musse at sfr.fr
Wed Dec 10 10:01:44 CET 2014

Hi Joerg,

>> We will now build with prefix and install for sure. I just  would like
>> to clarify this point for users like us which compile on windows using
>> default configure options and who will fight like us with this issue.
> I've built Qt 5.3.2 with the following options here on Windows with MSVC 2010:
> -opensource -confirm-license -nomake examples -nomake tests
> Pretty much default. I didn't install it.
> Afterwards qbs setup-qt with path to the freshly built qmake.
> Then I've checked whether the designer-private module exists and if I can build a project that depends on designercomponents. Both worked fine.
>
> It was Qt 5.3.2 from the source package, right?
> What were your configure options exactly?
Yes the commercial version.
Here are the configure options
configure -commercial -opengl desktop -confirm-license -no-icu
-no-vcproj -nomake examples -nomake tests

>> What .pri file are you talking about?
> For every Qt module a pri file is generated in Qt's build dir and installed to the install dir.
> For example there is qtbase\mkspecs\modules\qt_lib_widgets.pri
> It contains information how to use this module.
> Qbs setup-qt reads these files to setup the profiles.
>
> The error message you posted looks like the pri file corresponding to the designer-private module is missing.
There is a qt_lib_designer_private.pri in folder qtbase\mkspecs\modules
and you can find it enclosed.
We compile using QCreator qbs plugin, perhaps it comes from that.

Many thanks for you help.
To workaround we are now compiling using prefix dans it works fine so
this is now not so a big issue on our side.

Regards

Olivier