[QBS] QBS not compiling with our compiled Qt version

Bornemann Joerg Joerg.Bornemann at theqtcompany.com
Mon Dec 8 11:39:05 CET 2014

Hi Olivier,

> We will now build with prefix and install for sure. I just  would like
> to clarify this point for users like us which compile on windows using
> default configure options and who will fight like us with this issue.

I've built Qt 5.3.2 with the following options here on Windows with MSVC 2010:
-opensource -confirm-license -nomake examples -nomake tests
Pretty much default. I didn't install it.
Afterwards qbs setup-qt with path to the freshly built qmake.
Then I've checked whether the designer-private module exists and if I can build a project that depends on designercomponents. Both worked fine.

It was Qt 5.3.2 from the source package, right?
What were your configure options exactly?

> What .pri file are you talking about?

For every Qt module a pri file is generated in Qt's build dir and installed to the install dir.
For example there is qtbase\mkspecs\modules\qt_lib_widgets.pri
It contains information how to use this module.
Qbs setup-qt reads these files to setup the profiles.

The error message you posted looks like the pri file corresponding to the designer-private module is missing.

> What is strange and not so good (to my point of view) is that there is
> no issue at all to work with qmake on windows without installing and it
> does not work with QBS.

I agree. This should not happen.

BR,

Joerg