[QBS] Run all tests

Joerg Bornemann joerg.bornemann at digia.com
Fri Feb 21 17:19:36 CET 2014

On 18-Feb-14 12:31, Иван Комиссаров wrote:

> If i understand you correctly, you want to list all products that are built using qbs and run products which name starts with "tst_".
>
> I have the same issue - i need to list all products. Is that possible?

We've removed the "list all properties in the project" feature on
purpose, because we saw no good use case for it. Apologies to you guys
who actually relied on it.

The "run all tests" use case is covered, once we've implemented action
targets, like "make tests" in qmake projects (QBS-262).

Until then we could

1) bring back the removed feature.

2) extend the project object with information about the products. This
would be nice anyways and wouldn't be a temporary hack.

One could write a project information file with all containing products
or properties or whatever like this:

Transformer {
     Artifact { fileName: "projectinfo.txt"; fileTags: ["stuff"] }
     prepare: {
         var cmd = new JavaScriptCommand();
         cmd.description = "creating stuff";
         cmd.sourceCode = function() {
             var f = new TextFile(output.fileName, TextFile.WriteOnly);
             f.write(JSON.stringify(project));
             f.close();
         }
         return [cmd];

The project object doesn't hold much valuable information at the moment
but you get the idea. What do you think?

Cheers,

Joerg