[QBS] Preserving independent module-properties when applying rules

Joerg Bornemann joerg.bornemann at digia.com
Mon Feb 24 10:32:59 CET 2014

On 21-Feb-14 11:15, Johannes.Matokic at microchip.com wrote:

> How can I preserve the module-properties without adding specific code
> for each possible property to the preprocessor module?

Right. The output artifacts of a rule inherit the properties that are
set on the product. We could provide a flag for output artifacts to
inherit the properties from the input artifact.
Downside: this would be restricted to rules that take exactly on input
artifact.

Any thoughts on how to solve this more generally or smarter?

BR,

Joerg