[QBS] Obtaining paths to objcopy, size, etc

Fatih Aşıcı fatih.asici at gmail.com
Wed Feb 26 10:13:32 CET 2014

Hi,

I am using qbs for my bare metal projects. I need paths to arm-none-eabi-objcopy/size.
Currently, I get them using:

    property path objcopyPath: cpp.compilerPath.replace(/gcc(.exe)?$/, "objcopy$1")
    property path sizePath: cpp.compilerPath.replace(/gcc(.exe)?$/, "size$1")

But this seems ugly. Profiles created with "qbs setup-toolchains" have a cpp.toolchainPrefix
property to hold target triplet but Qt Creator (3.0.1) does not set this variable.
This property could be useful to generate paths to such tools; but it might be better to
have variables like cpp.objcopyPath declared by qbs.

Regards,
Fatih