[QBS] qbs.targetOS property

Jake Petroules jake.petroules at petroules.com
Tue Jun 3 23:34:57 CEST 2014

On 2014-06-03, at 05:27 PM, William Gallafent <william at gallaf.net> wrote:

> On 3 June 2014 22:13, Jake Petroules <jake.petroules at petroules.com> wrote:
>> The targetOS values are sorted by inheritance order. For example [osx, darwin, bsd4, bsd, unix] is sorted from "most specific" to "most generic".
>
> That's interesting … where does that sorting apply?
>
> What I was referring to was the following. It looks almost
> alphabetical to me (taken from the documentation page I linked):
>
> one or more of: "aix", "android", "blackberry", "bsd", "bsd4", "bsdi",
> "cygwin", "darwin", "dgux", "dynix", "freebsd", "hpux", "hurd",
> "integrity", "ios", "ios-simulator", "irix", "linux", "lynx", "osx",
> "msdos", "nacl", "netbsd", "openbsd", "os2", "os2emx", "osf", "qnx",
> "qnx6", "reliant", "sco", "solaris", "symbian", "ultrix", "unix",
> "unixware", "vxworks", "windows", "windowsce", "windowsphone", "winrt"
>
> … except that it looks as if “osx” has been used to replace “mac” (or
> maybe “macx”) without then reordering the list :)
>
> --
> Bill Gallafent.

That inheritance sorting I referred to doesn't really "apply" to anything. It's more of an informal thing. Good catch on the out of order alphabetical sorting the documentation though, I'll fix that. ;)

And yes, "osx" is the canonical (and only) identifier used to refer to Apple's OS X operating system. "mac" and "macx" are not used at all within Qbs.
Jake Petroules - jake.petroules at petroules.com
Chief Technology Officer - Petroules Corporation