[QBS] How to use the generated files which don't exist yet

Denis Shienkov denis.shienkov at gmail.com
Wed May 7 14:00:32 CEST 2014

Hi all.

I need to set into the "files" variable a files which don't exist yet and
shall be generated in build process:

Application {

   files: [ "mygeneratedfile.cpp" ] // < this file will be available after
some rule

I looked at examples of source codes of QtCreator and I see that there is
used the Transformer for generation of files (for example "app_version.h.in").
But there anywhere the resultant "app_version.h" file isn't added in
"files" property, because it just an header. But in my case I have an CPP
file... :(

So, how I can to add not exists yet files (but will be generated) into
"files" property? It is possible?

BR,
Denis