[QBS] How to use the generated files which don't exist yet

Christian Kandeler christian.kandeler at digia.com
Wed May 7 14:05:29 CEST 2014

On 05/07/2014 02:00 PM, Denis Shienkov wrote:
> I need to set into the "files" variable a files which don't exist yet
> and shall be generated in build process:

No, you do not. The "files" property is for source files only, meaning
files that are part of your project and are not being produced by any
rule or transformer.

> I looked at examples of source codes of QtCreator and I see that there
> is used the Transformer for generation of files (for example
> "app_version.h.in <http://app_version.h.in>"). But there anywhere the
> resultant "app_version.h" file isn't added in "files" property, because
> it just an header. But in my case I have an CPP file... :(

And why do you think that is a problem? If you give your output artifact
the "cpp" tag, it will be considered for building, just like e.g.
moc_*.cpp files are -- those do not appear in any "files" list either.