[QBS] Newbie to QBS

Joerg Bornemann joerg.bornemann at digia.com
Tue May 13 12:28:35 CEST 2014

On 13-May-14 10:37, olivier musse wrote:

> If somebody have time to help hereafter is a list of questions :
> - When compiling a project with QBS it always start a command windows.
> How to remove this behavior?

You can set consoleApplication to false in your product. That will
result in adding the /SUBSYSTEM:WINDOWS switch to the linker.

> - How can I perform a post link process as it can be done with
> QMAKE_POST_LINK

There's not a post link step in qbs.
But you can achieve the same by doing these steps:
    - set your product type to something like "myapp"
    - create a rule that takes "application" as input and creates
"myapp" outputs
    - specify your post link commands in that rule

> - what is the simplest way to install the list of Qt libraries (only
> needed ones) beside the executable ?

In Qt5 is a tool named windeployqt for that purpose. That's not
restricted to qbs and can be used independent of the build tool.

> - is there any way to override the install root from the qbs file ?

The install root is passed as parameter to the "qbs install" command.
E.g. qbs install --install-root C:\somewhere\else
This is usually an absolute path on the build machine which is most
likely unknown to the author of the project files.
You want to set the default for that in your project file?

BR,

Joerg