[QBS] How to setup an custom profile without Qt?

Denis Shienkov denis.shienkov at gmail.com
Sat May 17 20:15:09 CEST 2014

Jake, many thanks for your answer.

Also, seems, that this task can be solved manually by means of utility
"qbs-config-ui".

But I still have two additional questions:

3) There is possible to use some configuration file to setup my profile
automatically at once?

e.g. like something:

qbs-config "myprofile.cfg"

4) It is possible to use of my custom qbs profile from the QtCreator using QbsProjectManager?

Because, seems, that I can't use an "Custom Keil's Kit" created inside of QtCreator, since the qbs doesn't recognize this QtCreator's Kit and do not converts to the qbs's profile.

Besides, anyway I can't specify for the custom Kit, which was created from the QtCreator, such parameters as "atchitecture = C51", "toolchain == keil", and so on. Because QtCreator does not know anything about Keil compiler type (its know only about GCC, MSVC and so on). Maybe need to modify the QtCreator's sources... Yes?

Though, probably, there is a way to make some hack manually in

c:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\QtProject\qbs.ini
c:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\QtProject\qtcreator\profiles.xml
c:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\QtProject\qtcreator\toolchains.xml

to correlate an link between the "QtCreator's Keil Kit" and the "Qbs's Keil profile"...

But I am not sure on what algorithm (what general principle) by the Qbs scans all Kit's of QtCreator and generates an qbs profiles, like:

qtc_Desktop_Qt_5_2_1_MSVC2012_32bit
qtc_Android_for_armeabi_v7a_GCC_4_8_Qt_5_2_1
qtc_Desktop_Qt_5_2_1_MinGW_32bit

I suspect that the principal things is an name of a profile/kit which is used between Qbs and QtCreator.

Thus, I have an idea to create an Qbs profile and the QtCreator Kit with identical names, for example:

qtc_Desktop_KEIL_C51

and then probably I will be able to use my Qbs's Keil profile from QtCreator... But I am not sure.

So, can you please, help me for this issue?

BR,
Denis