[QBS] qbs & qt creator

Kurt Keller kk at parity-software.com
Thu May 22 14:29:35 CEST 2014

Am Donnerstag, den 22.05.2014
schrieb Christian Kandeler <christian.kandeler at digia.com>:

> On 05/22/2014 11:32 AM, Kurt Keller wrote:
> > I have Qt Creator 3.1.1 and Qt 5.3.0 successfully compiled and
> > installed into a single folder, called qtdevenv-5.3. I can use Qt
> > Creator with qbs projects - no problem.
> >
> > But how can I install qbs in a way that
> >
> > - it resides in the same install folder 'qtdevenv-5.3'
> > - it does not interfere with the version from Qt Creator
> > - it can be called from shell
> > - it uses the same profiles (and the same build directories) as
> >    Qt Creator uses.
>
> Let me see whether I understand you correctly: You want to run the
> command-line version of qbs and use it on the same projects that you
> build in Qt Creator?

Yes - commandline is mostly used to build the products i.e. by cron over
night and Qt Creator is used for support/debugging/development.

> > I was not able to do that. Some reasons: If I use the bundled Qbs from
> > Qt Creator 3.1.1 the Qt modules are missing and (called from the shell)
> > qbs says 'Module Qt/core could not be loaded'
>
> In qbs 1.2, the modules are per-profile. Nothing is missing.

What does this mean? I am missing files like printsupport.qbs, xml.qbs
etc. (It does work in Qt Creator magically - but I could not find out
the magic to get it working from the shell)

> > If I use qbs 1.1.1 (official downlod from
> > https://login.qt.digia.com/downloads the dll's mismatch. (Qt Creator
> > Version <> QBS Version)
>
> Creator 3.1 has qbs 1.2.

Correct - but even if I use the same version - the paths for the qbs
modules and plugins are different.

Thank you for responding.
--
Kurt Keller