[QBS] qbs & qt creator

Kurt Keller kk at parity-software.com
Thu May 22 15:43:26 CEST 2014

Am Donnerstag, den 22.05.2014
schrieb Christian Kandeler <christian.kandeler at digia.com>:

> On 05/22/2014 02:29 PM, Kurt Keller wrote:
> > Am Donnerstag, den 22.05.2014
> > schrieb Christian Kandeler <christian.kandeler at digia.com>:

> >> Let me see whether I understand you correctly: You want to run the
> >> command-line version of qbs and use it on the same projects that you
> >> build in Qt Creator?
> >
> > Yes - commandline is mostly used to build the products i.e. by cron
> > over night and Qt Creator is used for support/debugging/development.

> >> In qbs 1.2, the modules are per-profile. Nothing is missing.
> >
> > What does this mean? I am missing files like printsupport.qbs, xml.qbs
> > etc. (It does work in Qt Creator magically - but I could not find out
> > the magic to get it working from the shell)
>
> The "magic" is calling "qbs setup-qt", just as before. Only the
> internals have changed with regards to file locations. But you never
> refer to those directly anyway.

> >> Creator 3.1 has qbs 1.2.
> >
> > Correct - but even if I use the same version - the paths for the qbs
> > modules and plugins are different.
>
> This is due to Creator using its own settings directory, which is
> necessary in order to be able to run several instances of Creator
> without conflicts. You can see the command line equivalent of what
> Creator does when you click on the "Details" button for the qbs build
> step.

So i did a 'jom install INSTALL_ROOT=.../qtdevenv-5.3' to install the Qt
Creator version of qbs (1.2) into my development directory. After that I
had to copy the plugins from lib/qtcreator/qbs to lib/qbs and the modules
from share/qtcreator/qbs/share/qbs to share/qbs and now I can use qbs from
the shell and from qt creator. Hurra!

The only drawback is that after building a product from shell qt creator
does a complete rebuild and vice versa. Is there a chance to fix this too?

Best Regards
Kurt.