[QBS] qbs & qt creator

Kurt Keller kk at parity-software.com
Thu May 22 16:43:43 CEST 2014

Am Donnerstag, den 22.05.2014
schrieb Christian Kandeler <christian.kandeler at digia.com>:

> On 05/22/2014 03:43 PM, Kurt Keller wrote:
> > So i did a 'jom install INSTALL_ROOT=.../qtdevenv-5.3' to install the
> > Qt Creator version of qbs (1.2) into my development directory. After
> > that I had to copy the plugins from lib/qtcreator/qbs to lib/qbs and
> > the modules from share/qtcreator/qbs/share/qbs to share/qbs and now I
> > can use qbs from the shell and from qt creator. Hurra!
>
> In Qt Creator 3.2 we will include the qbs command-line frontend, so such
> workarounds shouldn't be necessary anymore.
>
> > The only drawback is that after building a product from shell qt
> > creator does a complete rebuild and vice versa. Is there a chance to
> > fix this too?
>
> Should not happen. Are you sure you are using the same build directory?

Yes I can see it on the modification time of the file 'qtc_qt53-debug.bg'.
When I build with Qt Creator the time changes and when I build with qbs
from shell the time on this file changes also.

Maybe the reason is, that both configurations are using different module-
and plugin directories? (although the modules and plugins are the same)

--
Regards
Kurt