[QBS] qbs & qt creator

Kurt Keller kk at parity-software.com
Fri May 23 11:44:37 CEST 2014

Am Donnerstag, den 22.05.2014
schrieb Christian Kandeler <christian.kandeler at digia.com>:

> On 05/22/2014 05:04 PM, Kurt Keller wrote:
> >> Is this a self-compiled Creator or did you download it in binary form?
> >
> > This is a self-compiled Creator.
>
> In that case it's much simpler. Just do a "make install" for your qbs
> build and set the QBS_INSTALL_DIR environment variable to the respective
> install root before compiling Qt Creator. Then Creator will build
> against the installed qbs, ignoring its own copy (you may or may not
> delete the git submodule, it should not make a difference).
> Caveat: I have not tested this configuration in a while. But it
> definitely used to work at some point in the not too recent past.

Sorry, but this did not work either. First I had to install
   ...qtdevenv-5.3/include/qbs/api/languageinfo.h
manually because 'jom install' in qbs source dir forgot it.

After rebuilding Creator from scratch and installing it to the desired
INSTALL_ROOT there were again all qbs files (modules, plugins) duplicated
as before. The build behaviour did not change, there is always a complete
rebuild when using qbs - qtcreator - qbs - ...

--
Kurt.