[QBS] qbs & qt creator

Christian Kandeler christian.kandeler at digia.com
Fri May 23 13:08:04 CEST 2014

On 05/23/2014 11:44 AM, Kurt Keller wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, den 22.05.2014
> schrieb Christian Kandeler <christian.kandeler at digia.com>:

>>> This is a self-compiled Creator.
>>
>> In that case it's much simpler. Just do a "make install" for your qbs
>> build and set the QBS_INSTALL_DIR environment variable to the respective
>> install root before compiling Qt Creator. Then Creator will build
>> against the installed qbs, ignoring its own copy (you may or may not
>> delete the git submodule, it should not make a difference).
>> Caveat: I have not tested this configuration in a while. But it
>> definitely used to work at some point in the not too recent past.
>
> Sorry, but this did not work either. First I had to install
>     ...qtdevenv-5.3/include/qbs/api/languageinfo.h
> manually because 'jom install' in qbs source dir forgot it.

Yep, that file seems to be missing from the list of installation
resources. I'll add it.

> After rebuilding Creator from scratch and installing it to the desired
> INSTALL_ROOT there were again all qbs files (modules, plugins) duplicated
> as before.

Yeah, but that's just a cosmetic issue (that you can get rid of by
removing the qbs submodule). The important thing is that the right ones
are being picked up at runtime.

> The build behaviour did not change, there is always a complete
> rebuild when using qbs - qtcreator - qbs - ...

I just tried and I could not reproduce that behavior. Please make sure
you used the same settings *and* build directories.