[QBS] Property baseDir in input but not inputs

Johannes.Matokic at microchip.com Johannes.Matokic at microchip.com
Wed May 28 12:12:27 CEST 2014

Hi,

I'm wondering why the rules 'input' property contains a property baseDir while the artifacts in the 'inputs' property don't have it. I

I'm currently trying to create a multiplex rule with outputArtifacts from a rule that uses an application provided via 'usings' to fix the troubles it causes (See comments in https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QBS-491).
Using a multiplex rule will fix the problems with usings-property, however it forces me to use inputs instead of input and therefore breaking the evaluation of the output path.

So it looks like I either have to stay with QBS 1.2, live with often broken compilation or have to work around a bad output path (Rename files, change other rules/tools that rely on the path, etc).

Are there any other options?

Regards,
Johannes