[QBS] Property baseDir in input but not inputs

Christian Kandeler christian.kandeler at digia.com
Wed May 28 12:21:47 CEST 2014

On 05/28/2014 12:12 PM, Johannes.Matokic at microchip.com wrote:
> I’m wondering why the rules ‘input’ property contains a property baseDir
> while the artifacts in the ‘inputs’ property don’t have it. I

That's an implementation glitch. Should really be fixed.

> I’m currently trying to create a multiplex rule with outputArtifacts
> from a rule that uses an application provided via ‘usings’ to fix the
> troubles it causes (See comments in
> https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QBS-491).
>
> Using a multiplex rule will fix the problems with usings-property,
> however it forces me to use inputs instead of input and therefore
> breaking the evaluation of the output path.
>
> So it looks like I either have to stay with QBS 1.2, live with often
> broken compilation or have to work around a bad output path (Rename
> files, change other rules/tools that rely on the path, etc).
>
> Are there any other options?

I don't understand the last paragraph at all, particularly not how it
relates to the topic. Why would you need to "stay with qbs 1.2"? What's
the deal with "often broken compilation"? Why would you need to rename
files? "baseDir" is just a convenience property that you can easily
emulate via qbs.FileInfo, no?