[QBS] Property baseDir in input but not inputs

Johannes.Matokic at microchip.com Johannes.Matokic at microchip.com
Wed May 28 13:26:35 CEST 2014

> > So it looks like I either have to stay with QBS 1.2, live with often
> > broken compilation or have to work around a bad output path (Rename
> > files, change other rules/tools that rely on the path, etc).
> >
> > Are there any other options?
>
> I don't understand the last paragraph at all, particularly not how it relates to
> the topic. Why would you need to "stay with qbs 1.2"? What's the deal with
> "often broken compilation"? Why would you need to rename files? "baseDir"
> is just a convenience property that you can easily emulate via qbs.FileInfo,
> no?

Sorry I meant QBS 1.1 or Qt Creator 3.0. The "often broken compilation" is that the broken project's compilation succeeded sometimes because of another glitch in QBS but often failed as expected. I would have to rename files if I'm using only one directory instead of the hierarchy to avoid collisions.
But as you said there is another option via qbs.FileInfo. I didn't think about that as I missed that product.sourceDirectory is the only base-directory for input.baseDir.

So using qbs.FileInfo should do the trick for now.

Thanks for the help.